One of the most important things you can do before you begin your project is to be sure of what you want to accomplish. For example, if you’re remodeling to increase the value of your home, make sure to select styles and colors that will be fashionable when you plan to sell. If you plan to replace just the countertop and sell within the year you normally recoup about 75% of the amount invested and you sell your home much faster. For homeowners in the market for reselling their home with in the next 5 years recoup on average 81% of every dollar they spend on a completely remodeled kitchen. That’s an excellent return on your investment.
What Will It Look Like?
We have top designers on staff to not only create a fresh bold design but be able to show you renderings that will help you visualize the final results. We also have a link to the Cabinet Online Visualizer that will help you even before you get started.
To get you project started, the first step is to have an in home consultation. Our designers will not only get sizes, but get a feel for you, your home and what it really needs to make it a better environment for you and your family. If you have a budget in mind, mention it to the designers and we will work hard to stay in your budget. In the design process, we can make a lot of adjustments to increase or reduce the costs. Getting a quality cabinet is important as it is something that will be a feature within your home for a long time. We feature top brand cabinets and selections that range from Semi-Custom to Full Custom Cabinets.
Some projects only take a day or two where-as other Larger Projects are disruptive under the best of circumstances, so to ease the process it really helps to be ready. Before anything else, discuss the process with your family. Tell them what’s going to happen and the approximate duration of the project. Tell them to steer clear of work areas and let them know how to use alternative areas of the home for their day-to-day living needs. When it comes to managing the project, you can count on our designers to guide you. They’ll help set a schedule, determine hours of work and assist with many project related details that will maintain sanity in your home throughout your remodel. Yes, Remodeling is a challenge but the results will, without a doubt, be amazing.
Create A Plan
Prepare the workspace for deconstruction
- Remove valuables and furniture
- Cover adjacent room items with drop cloths
- Remove pictures from adjacent walls
- Change air filters at start and during project
- Take alot of Pictures, Before, During and After!
Creating a temporary kitchen
- Choose a room that has a water source
- Use a laundry room or bathroom for dishwashing
- Set up microwave and coffee maker
- Fire up the grill
- Stock up on paper plates and plastic flatware
- Eat out often
Get ready for delivery
- Have an area planned for your new cabinets
- Inspect your cabinets upon delivery
Support your installers
- Designate a bathroom for workers
- Identify parking locations
- Keep in mind that it is a work in progress and may not appear to be finished until it is.
- Have a check list of things that you notice that needs to be addressed and leave it out for the installation services.